***INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING INFORMATION. Some countries may charge an import or customs fee to order internationally. We can't advise you of what this will be, it is the recipient's responsibility, so if you're unsure, please check with your country's customs office! NEW EU VAT RULES: The VAT and possible other postal/carrier charges will have to be paid by consumer for goods imported/delivered to EU on or after 1st July 2021. We recommend EU consumers to take this into account when ordering goods from outside the EU!
This website is run by the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
You should be able to use a range of accessibility features to tailor this website to your needs. This includes:
- - Navigate most of the website and making purchases using just your keyboard
- - Zooming by up to 300% on a desktop or laptop computer without text spilling off screen
- - Listen to most of the website content using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t currently fully accessible and are working to improve this. We have identified the following accessibility issues:
To navigate with a keyboard, the site works best when magnified to 150%. For example:
- - The top level navigation menu can only be navigated by keyboard in the mobile version. To access the menu, magnify the screen to above 150%.
- - The gift wrap checkbox can only be checked/unchecked using the keyboard in the mobile version, if you would like to tick the gift wrap checkbox, magnify the screen to above 150%.
- - There is not yet a text alternative for the size charts.
- - The payment type images don’t have image alt text.
- - Product images are not consistently labelled with descriptive alt text
- - You can’t currently bypass blocks of repeated content such as the navigation
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, contact us. We’ll consider your request and get back to you within five working days.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 6741
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
If you have reported a problem with our website, or asked for an alternative format, but you are not happy with our response, you can contact our Equity Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) team to register your difficulty. This helps us improve our service.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
LSE is committed to making our websites accessible to as many people as possible and we are working towards compliance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
- 1) Some images including the t-shirt size charts do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to add text alternatives for all images by January 2020. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
2) The top level navigation and gift wrap checkbox are not operable by keyboard unless used at 150% magnification or above. This partially fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.1.1 (keyboard operability). We plan to fix this by January 2020.
- 3) Blocks of repeated content are not currently bypassable. This contravenes WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.1 (bypass blocks). We are planning to implement landmarks by January 2020.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 14 November 2019. The test was carried out by us. We decided to test:
- - the homepage
- - a selection of product pages
- - a selection information pages (contact us, delivery information)
- - the shopping cart checkout process
This statement was last updated on 14 November 2019.